The most wonderful time of the year is here! and we are in full swing decorating our workshop and being little elves making our products. We love supporting local and small businesses all year long. One of the questions we often get asked is - which other Indigenous companies can we support-.
Today we are making your holiday shopping easier with a list of gift ideas from amazing Indigenous companies that will surely help you scratch those loved ones off your list.
Best Gift For Mom
- A gift certificate to Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations is a feast for the senses. The perfect place to relax and learn about the Wendat Culture. A must!!!!
- MINI TIPI Fleurs Reversible Shawl: A stylish reversible accessory that will compliment her style all year long and keep her cozy and warm around the house or office.
Best Gift For Grandma
We know they might already have everything ... except perhaps:
-Aurora Heat Reusable Handwarmers to keep their fingers toasty
-Linen Napkins and Table Runner for the prettiest table (hello back in person parties!)
Best Gift To Spoil The Man In Your Life
- A Ginew Thunderbird Black Tee as seen in She Hulk !!!
- Urban Native Era has the perfect tuque he will use for all the seasons!
-The NTVS you can find apparel that has a voice and is indigenous designed
-A cap or a hat from Thunder Voice Hat Co.
Best Gift For Teenagers
We love to spoil, surprise and get a smile from our grown-ups!
- A Star bag to put their 1001 things and is machine washable as a bonus!
-The funkiest scrunchies of the young entrepreneur from Kitigan Zibi (only 11 years old!) From Kokom Scrunchies
-The colorful and intentional products of Sisters Sage
Best Gift For the Littles
Seriously, we don't know if there's anything cuter than a mini in a MINI TIPI poncho. :) A four season product and sized to grow with your mini.
-Nibi’s Water Song by Sunshine Tenasco is a beautifully illustrated book that demonstrates that even when a problem seems too big to face, all of our efforts count!
Best Gift For the Teachers
-A MINI TIPI bag is a perfect gift for your teacher to bring home all the work to correct!
-A pair of mittens to keep your teachers hands nice and toasty while they are on duty for recess
Best Gift For the Fashionistas
-We love how completely different the reverse side of the Miel Shawl is! It is like having two different looks in one piece that will bring guaranteed compliments!
- Lauren Good Day Wearable Art for the Native art appreciator
- This cute top by Ay Lelum
-We love this cute little make-up bag from Niio Perkins
Best Gift For The Jewellery Lovers
- Lofttan statement jewellery pieces will bring you elegance
- Warren Steven Scott is what everyone's talking about, they are a must have!
-We love Indicity statement earrings, they are a piece of art and guaranteed to be a conversation starter.
Best Gift For the Land protectors
- We love the comfy and stylish Our Home Is Native Land tshirt from The Lloyd Brown Company.
Best Gift For the Foodies
-Birchbark Coffee is an Indigenous company that sells organic and fair trade coffee. This company has the mission of providing water filters for indigenous communities without clean drinking water.
-Wabanaki Maple syrup is absolutely delicious and is a perfect gift
- Les Épices du Guerrier spices to add a little je ne sais quoi to your dishes
-Support local restaurants by offering a gift certificate to Beandigen Cafe, or find out if there are Indigenous owned restaurants in your area:)
Best Gift For Selfcare
-The perfect MINI TIPI blanket to cozy up to on those cold winter evenings watching netfix, cuddling or reading your favourite novel.
-The Yukon Soaps Company makes all natural shampoo and hand soap bars.
- Fragrance oil from Sequoia Soaps
- Lodge Soy candles have all natural infused candles with essential oils that will provide you a positive and relaxing environment for your senses!
-Manitobah Mukluks have some super comfy and stylish moccasins to choose from, we love ours!
Best Gift For The New Parents
-The perfect outdoor adventure blanket from MINI TIPI is the super soft and warm Sherpa blanket. Perfect to keep your little warm during the winter fun in a toboggan or stroller!
-Satya Organic Skin Care has an all natural balm for your little ones sensitive skin
-Awasis Boutique has the cutest onesies and bibs
Best Gift For The Beauty Product Lovers
-Cheekbone Beauty makes vegan products that empower women . A MUST !!
-Skwalwen Botanicals has the most beautiful all natural products made from natural ingredients from the land for your skin care routine.
- Prados Beauty ECO Face Pads made of recycled bamboo and hemp materials to clean your beautiful skin
Best Gift For Home Decor
-Onquata Paddle are a very unique accessory to your decor and a beautiful gift.
Best Gift For The Crafty Persons
We love crafty! And learning- gift a piece of culture and try to create your own set of traditional beaded earrings with a DYI kit from Delia Estelle Designs